1. What are the procedures for account opening and what documents are required?
Clients should bring the following documents in person to the Sales and Operations Centre or branches for account opening.
1. Copy of you Hong Kong Identity Card(s) or Passport(s)
2. Copy of proof of address for the last 3 months (e.g. utilities bills, bank statement etc )
3. Quote Service Subscription Form (if applicable)
4. Original W8 Form in duplicate (if applicable)
(Additional documents may be requested for verification purposes)
If you would like to send us your account opening form by POST:
According to the Guideline provided by SFC, if you cannot return the Account Form in person, please arrange for authentication by an appropriate person to countersign on the Account Opening Form(s), your copy of HKID Card or passport together with his/her full name and title and company name for identity verification purpose.
Authentication should be performed by a registered person, a Justice of Peace, or a professional person such as branch manager of a bank, certified public accountant, lawyer or notary public.
You can send the completed and signed Account Opening Form, other required documents and a cheque bearing your signature(s) and with your name(s) pre-printed on it and the cheque must:
1. be drawn on your Hong Kong dollar bank account with a licensed bank in Hong Kong
2. show your account name which must be pre-printed on the cheque. This account name must be the same as your name on the Account Opening Form, your identity document/passport
3. be made payable to "CASH Payment Services Limited" with an amount not less than HK$10,000
4. bear the same signature with the Account Opening Form and
5. be encashed and cleared.
The amount will be credited into the dient's trading account directly, and the trading account will only be activated until the cheque is deared.
2.What document do I have to sign to open a US securities trading account?
You can come to our Sales & Operations Centre to open an Electronic Securities Trading Account with Celestial Securities Limited ("CSL") to be able to trade US securities. You are required to provide the following documents:
1. Sign an Agreement;
2. Sign Original W8 Form in duplicate (Certificate of Foreign Status) to exempt from U.S. Capital Gains Tax;
3. Submit supporting document:
- Hong Kong ID card or passport copy (with holder's signatures)
- Residential address proof (must be dated within 3 months, e.g. telephone bills, utility bills or bank statement)
If you are already an Electronic Securities Trading Account client, simply download a W8 Form (Certificate of Foreign Status) from our homepage and send the properly signed copies to us. You can also complete the procedures in our head office or branches in person.
For joint account, each account holder must sign a separate W8 Form.
3.Can I trade US securities with CSL if I am a resident or citizen of the United States?
According to related regulations, all Electronic Trading Account clients must be a non-US resident or non-US citizen in order to trade US securities with CSL. Therefore, a W8 Form should be submitted and all clients must comply with the declaration stated in the W8 Form.
4.What document do I have to sign to trade stocks listed in Singapore?
Existing clients of cash securities account can trade stocks listed in Singapore without signing any documents.